Box for Android lets you view and share files from anywhere!
Box is an award-winning app that offers file-syncing and storage for Android phones and tablets.
If you’ve been searching for the best way to sync your files between your devices and backup your data to the cloud, it’s time to give this app a try. Box offers you 10GB of free storage, free offline access to your files, and the ability to preview over 200 kinds of files in high definition.
Box offers advanced settings, too. You can adjust security settings at the file level so only you and those you choose can access certain sensitive files. The best feature of them all though is the ability to share large files without trying to create multi-part archives and sending multiple emails.
It’s important to note that while this is a great app, the interface can be a little boring to look at (especially if you’re used to apps like Dropbox and Google Drive). Other than that though, it’s a solid choice for backing up and sharing your files!
- Get 10GB of Free Storage and Offline Access to Files When you sign up for Box you get 10GB of storage, full offline access to your files, and one-click sharing.
- View, Edit, and Share All Your Files From Anywhere Keep all of your files across your phones, tablets, PCs and Macs synced and accessible at all times.
- Preview Most Files in High-Def Quality Support for searching within and previewing over 200 file types.
- Interface Can be a Little Bland The interface can be a little boring if you’re used to something more like Dropbox, Google Drive, or SkyDrive.
- Can Dupe on Local Storage If you sync a large file on your local device (i.e. phone) you could end up getting a duplicate file on your phone, too.
Introducing the ability to upload folders into your Box account. Try it out by selecting a folder from the Add From Library option.
Additional bug fixes and stability improvements
Potentially dangerous permissions
- GET_ACCOUNTS: Allows access to the list of accounts in the Accounts Service.
- READ_CONTACTS: Allows an application to read the user's contacts data.
- READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Allows an application to read from external storage.
- WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Allows an application to write to external storage.
- ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: Allows applications to access information about networks.
- INSTALL_SHORTCUT: Allows an application to install a shortcut in Launcher.
- INTERNET: Allows applications to open network sockets.
- READ_SYNC_SETTINGS: Allows applications to read the sync settings.
- READ_SYNC_STATS: Allows applications to read the sync stats.
- UNINSTALL_SHORTCUT: This permission is no longer supported.
- VIBRATE: Allows access to the vibrator.
- WAKE_LOCK: Allows using PowerManager WakeLocks to keep processor from sleeping or screen from dimming.
- WRITE_SYNC_SETTINGS: Allows applications to write the sync settings.